|
if it can be done easily, >> then there's no point to it.
; 19 going on 20. ; ; Crazy. ; Very noisy among friends. ; Random. ; Sarcastic. ; Loves Japan-related stuffs. reach for the summit. ; 22nd Sept: Shift! ; 1st Oct: An official university student. ; 25th Dec: CHRISTMAS! ; 1st Jan: Happy 2013!
|
Shenzhen '09 / Wednesday, December 16, 2009 @ 3:57 PM
11th Dec 2009. Went to LCCT which reminded me of Reyna's farewell. Sad thing. Some malay woman had mistaken me for someone else who eats at her restaurant often located at Sungai Wang. Damn hilarious when she started talking to me. Hahaha. I think she was heading to Jakarta. After checking in, I was walking around the duty free shops and found Hello Kitty fragrance! Nice stuff but the price is much nicer, durh. At 4.20pm, boarded AirAsia airlines for the first time ever. Nice nasi lemak but seriously, it's not spacious at all! Suffered 3 hours and 55 minutes with that China woman being such an ass to not change place with my dad. So in the whole almost 4 hours flight, my mum and I got in and out of our seats to annoy her. HAHA! Her egg tart got smashed in her handbag when she hugged it during her nap. HAHA! Reached Shenzhen airport at approximately 8.30pm, took a taxi to the hotel which was an hour away. Cars in China are left hand drive! The taxi that I took was kinda cool. They had a mini telivision behind for advertisements. I was watching it throughout the whole drive and couldn't stop laughing at this: HAHA. Leonard Chee's evil twin brother! IN SHENZHEN, CHINA! By the way, this advertisement was in Chinese so it's weirder seeing Leonard speaking Chinese! Reached the hotel at around 10.45pm. Checked in and settle down for a while. After that, went across the street for late dinner. After late dinner, went back to the hotel to wash up and watch TV and of course, SLEEP! 12th Dec 2009. Woke up at around 9.30am for breakfast at the 12th floor. After breakfast, lunch with relatives. Before heading to the restaurant, we dropped by my cousin's workplace. Off to lunch then. The place was chaotic. People were waiting outside of the restaurant to eat. 2 storey restaurant full of people. Luckily we made a reservation before. After lunch, my cousin sent his pupil to drive us to Dongmen. It's where THOUSANDS of people hang out/shop. The super hazardous Dongmen. I am never going there again. And it's full of immitation shops! I mean, they immitate Nike, Adidas etc and then open a shop there. It's like, one gigantic pasar malam just that they don't sell fishes, meats or vegetables. They had this whole row selling shoes and they all looked the same in every different shop. Then they had another row selling phones. My dad went and look at the phones there and the guy brought out 2 pink phones for me. Like, PINK?! So not my colour. Another guy came and started offering my dad 3 different iPhones of different sizes. He went on and on about how great the phone was and blah blah blah. That's when I got paranoid and took out my phone. HAHAHA. Their eyes went HUGE! I mean, come on, they know we're foreigners and it's quite difficult to find immitation iPhone else where besides... China. After walking for about an hour, we got so tensed and decided to find the nearest exit. Grab a cab and went over to King Glory Park. Why is it even called 'Park' when it's a shopping mall? My mum and I felt so relieved! I mean, finally there's air cond and it's not jam packed! But, don't you feel the pain? I mean, that's the first shop I saw in there. Poor animals. =( After that, took a cab to a restaurant my dad once went for dinner. After dinner, walked back to the hotel. 13th Dec 2009. Parents woke up late so we had to go for dim sum at the 2nd floor of the hotel or so that's what my dad intended. Once again, the place was full of people. It was supposed to be the best dim sum around. The yao zha guai was really nice compared to those we have here in Malaysia. After lunch, went over to the other shopping mall. You see the maroon thing beside it? That's Haagen Dazs! Haha. Anyway, we were walking and looking around there. And, we realised that the guards there wear tux! Some even have the tux hat on! Anyway, I got a pair of cool leather boots at the supermarket there. The brand was called 'What For'. Cute name. The shoes there were cute! The supermarket there is like, a mini Parkson or probably Robinson, selling branded clothes, shoes and cosmetics in small open shops. My mum got a La Pagayo handbag. I told her to share-share with me. HAHAHA! After shopping, went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner! Well, dinner with relatives again. The place where we had dinner was called the Seafood Village where the whole row sells seafood! And it's beside the seaside and you can see Hong Kong's port from there! My aunt said that during the World War 2, people used to swim across to run away from Shenzhen. After dinner, went back to hotel room to wash up and watch TV! And sleep, of course. 14th Dec 2009. Got up early for breakfast at the 12th floor again. After that, headed to Window of the World! Woohoo! That's all for the whole Window of the World visit. Around the world in 5 hours! Yeapp! Real awesome. Too bad I missed Angkor Wat, Borobudur and Mount Rushmoore National Memorial. I wonder if President Obama's face is already carved on their Mount Rushmoore. Haha! Go, Obama! After that long visit, headed home to wash up. Went to wash hair at the hair saloon because the stupid shower in the hotel was nyawa-nyawa ikan. The guy who washed my hair kept speaking in Chinese to me! Urgh! Like, I told him I don't understand and he gave me a paper to read instead. He was somehow promoting their shampoo. Looking at the paper, I got even more lost than usual. Then he thought I was from China but was studying overseas after I told him I speak ENGLISH! Luckily, after that he shut up. Like, thank God! He transfered me to another guy to blow-dry my hair and he told he guy that I speak English. Thanks to him, the other guy did not even say 10 words to me! HAHA! Then we headed for dinner! Steamboat! With cousin again. This time, my cousin brought his driver along. Well, not really driver but more like, his pupil. Well, he really wanted to drink. He made me drank along! 2 bottles of red wine. Gone in less than 2 hours. After awhile, along came my dad's friends; a Hong Kong IT expert (a.k.a my new good friend! HAHA!) and another friend back from Malaysia who is also an IT expert (whose voice is exactly like Kam Wai Hong's!). Did I mention that the steamboat there, was in porridge? Haha. Weird stuff but kinda awesome. After dinner, my cousin and his friends went back. The rest of us headed to the nearest Starbucks Coffee, of course! Hung out there for a little while. I got some magnet thing for free there. I never saw it in Malaysia. Maybe not yet. Well, I did asked how much was it but the Starbucks guy gave it to me for free. Thanks, dude! Haha. Had a long chit chat with my dad's Hong Kong friend. I mean, come on, he loves Gundams too! HAHA! At approximately 11pm, went back to the hotel. 15th Dec 2009. Woke up at 8.30am and thought it was already 11pm. When I saw the time, I went back to bed. Tiredness. Woke up again at 10.30pm for breakfast/lunch at the 2nd floor. Dim sum again. After breakfast, we went to the shopping mall to kill time. It's awesome how people there don't understand Bahaa Melayu. In China, you don't have to worry about transport because there's more cab than any other vehicle out there! But of course, when you get into the cab, you'll start worrying. They sway in and out, speeding without even touching the brake pad. They honk as if they're making music. When you're in your lane and come across a traffic light, you can suddenly see cars going against traffic, about to crash into you anytime. Damn freaky! They have lots of buses too so it's really scary. At approximately 6pm, we checked out of the hotel and left for the airport! Stupid driver was so concern bout his phone ringing than the front car emergency braking. He knocked into the car and his number plate was dented. HAH! Padan muka! The whole ride was headachey due to the heavy drizzle and heavy traffic. Move. Brake. Move. Brake. *pukes* No lahh, I didn't puke lah. Reached the airport at around 7pm and had dinner there. Boarded the plane at 7.30pm (which was 10 minutes late). Waited in the dang plane for an hour due to the heavy air traffic. Flight delayed for 1 stupid hour. URGH! And the dang prostitute sitting 2 rows behind was so annoying! She kept talking on the phone loudly about how great the new prostitute she's bringing. Stupid woman was so proud to be a prostitute 'mammi'. Reached LCCT at about 1.30am. My luagage's lock went missing though. Stupid custom didn't wanna check. Luckily there wasn't any drugs or bombs in my luagage. Went to the car and drove all the way home in the empty and quite highway of Malaysia. Ahh. Relief! Reached home at around 2.30am. I couldn't stand the luagage in my room so I started unpacking. Slept at 3.30am. URGHHH. So anyway, that's all! P/S: WMBC started already?! AliciaYSJ |