if it can be done easily, >>
then there's no point to it.



; 19 going on 20.
; Rants a lot.
; Crazy.
; Very noisy among friends.
; Random.
; Sarcastic.
; Loves Japan-related stuffs.


reach for the summit.
; 22nd Sept: Shift!
; 1st Oct: An official university student.
; 25th Dec: CHRISTMAS!
; 1st Jan: Happy 2013!


gone with the breeze.
; Jinx
; Kimi no kodoku o wakete hoshii
; Sharing is caring
; 二千九年 六月 一日
; It's Holiday!
; Inhuman Piano Skills
; There's gotta be a way to bring you back
; This is not an emo post.. Or is it?
; The purple coloured name
; Ima Made no Arusuji!


Dare to dream / Sunday, June 28, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
Heya! It's the season of band fever now, people! Selangor band competition just ended a few days ago and I'm having a real bad band fever. I'm getting addicted and attached again. Kwang Hua did well last Tuesday. I am really proud of them! =) Ain't proud of Dato Hamzah's drum major though. Lol. KL band competition was on last Wednesday. It was a pity that it rained. All the instruments, flags and uniforms got soaked. If I were one of them, I would still be whinning.

Anyway, I've been real disappointed these days. As my band fever grows, my disappointed grows along. Whenever I think of band, I'd think of my small miserable half-dead band. Everything was going good last year until Merdeka. Everyone started backing up, quitting band and stop acknowledging band. It's real heart wrecking especially when I'm watching it sink. The new members of this year are just a bunch of blur and freaked out small kids besides lacking of disciplinary and dedication.
Whenever I talk to the whole band and ask a question, they never answer.
Whenever I ask them to respond, they nod but never did responded.
When I say black, they say white. When I say hot, they say cold.
When I say yes, they say no. When I say in, they say out.
When I say up, they say down.
It's just dificcult to deal with them now. I've been teaching them basic buzzing for 6 months now and they still can't play! I teach them week by week, and they come back week by week telling me they forgot everything. BSOs have all disappeared, not bothering about their band anymore. Section leaders never showed up until their members have not even seen them before. This is chaotic.
I was pretty sure everything will heal this year. I thought it'll be a fresh start for RMMB until a dear member/BSO got messed up and dragged band down with her. Since that day on, I've been carrying those heavy burdens as if I'm trying to carry a truck or even an airplane. Whenever the band messed up, the teachers scold me. They accuse band for being useless and 'kurang ajar'. I can barely get 10 person to attend normal practices. Everyone who joined the lowerbrass section would eventually run away and quit band. I don't even know who am I going to pass everything to. I respect all my seniors for being able to go through these. I respect my juniors for trying their best. They always say that, if you want to gain respect, you must first respect others. Yet, I still don't see respects anywhere. Is this all suppose to be my fault and therefore they don't acknowledge me or I just simply don't deserve any respect or is these all happening because of the lacking of disciplinary of kids these days? I'm like standing in the middle of a dessert, lost. If only I can find my oasis, my solution to all my problems, at least I'll be able to gain more confident. A band isn't a one man thing. It requires a team, team work and team spirit. Whatever happened to 'One band, One sound'? Whatever happened to 'Who are we? R double M B'? Whatever happened to the shining glow on everyone's faces after all those sweat, tears and blood sheded?
Darn it. I wished I could just print this on the newspaper front page for RMMB to see. You know what? I'm feeling like a piece of useless junk member whinning over a half dead band when I'm suppose to be strong. RMMB lost many supports from parents, teachers, seniors and students. Right now, I just want to leave my band in peace. I want to leave it knowing that nothing bad will happen to it. Eventhough I'm only leaving next year, I should be looking for solutions now because it's not an easy task.

I'm having so much in mind but it's all messed up. I don't know what to say anymore. I just want to thank some people for helping me go through this. You know who you are. =)

Last but not least, to RMMB,
I dare you to grow up.
I dare you to improve.
I dare you to put your heart into it.
I dare you to surpass my passion for band.
Layout by Gabby. and here. Inspired by tumblr. Blogger. Blogskins