if it can be done easily, >>
then there's no point to it.



; 19 going on 20.
; Rants a lot.
; Crazy.
; Very noisy among friends.
; Random.
; Sarcastic.
; Loves Japan-related stuffs.


reach for the summit.
; 22nd Sept: Shift!
; 1st Oct: An official university student.
; 25th Dec: CHRISTMAS!
; 1st Jan: Happy 2013!


gone with the breeze.
; Johor
; Sound... Silence... Part 2
; Sound.. Silence
; Randomly
; Tagged by Suefs and Kels
; 15th and 17th July 2008
; Another post, Another crap.
; Discriminations
; 3rd July 2008
; 1234


30th July 2008 / Friday, August 01, 2008 @ 5:33 PM
30th July is finally here! (Ok, nevermind, it ended and its such a sad thing 'cause I just loved the atmosphere at Stadium Merdeka that day.)


YES !! NATIONALS !!
14th Malaysia Secondary School Marching Band Competition 2008!

Today started with a boring day in school. I was super excited the minute I woke up. Went back to school at 4pm for the superb event. Kwang Hua's ex-members were late. While waiting,


Couple dating by the drain.


Uncle bus driver got tired of waiting so he sat by the drain as if he was answering nature's call, smoking his cigarette.


Suefyenn. Being happy.


Leticia looks more like she's never seen bread before.


And then,
YEAH BABEH! WE'RE FINALLY HERE! Reached at 5.45pm, went to get out seats at 6pm.
We were the first to arrive besides those who have business there or is in charge of the event and what-so-ever. Bought a pin from the counter just outside of the stadium.

Oh, and when we went in, Bently was selling some mallets and drum sticks. As usual with the curiousity of Suefs, she went to have a look. Leticia, Kam, Sze Kent and I were with her. She was glancing through the name cards when suddenly,
"How come Samuel's name here?!"
And the dude behind the counter started laughing and looking away.
"YOU'RE SAMUEL AH?!"
*dude nods head*
"OH MY GOSH SUEFYENN!!"
*laughs our loud and walks far away from her*

Goodness! And I can't believe she can't tell the difference between "Teh" and "Tay".


We sat beside the VIP sits which were beside the grand stand. Took over the good spot; nearest to the grand stand plus top row! Advantages of going early.


The 6pm empty Stadium Merdeka.



Kuala Lumpur World Marching Band Competition, Loud and Proud!


I saw Time Square from my seat.


Ops. Someone spotted me. Rhysson in his PINK tee. =)


CHS! So long their line.
When they walked into the stadium, many people (mainly their supporters) cheered loudly for them. Yeah, I did too. Its astonishing to see so much cheer when a band WALKS into the stadium, not start performing. Oh, I encountered CHS supporters fighting for flags. Yeah, fighting for flags.


Mascot!


Another shot of the Mascot.


Poser!


Suefs, me, Mascot, Cath and sesated Yick Poh.

CHS was going to be the first to perform. Kind of a bad position for I know that they're good. But, oh well.


March in.


Before start.


Posers. =D I can spot a colourguard in the middle, can you? =D








I like this picture but its sadly blur. )=


Colourful new flags.


Last pose.


=) The ambulance went on action when a band members fainted.


Chung Hua, Kota Bahru during Bunga-Bunga Cinta. I love this shape! and the song. =D


KSAH dropped a stick and did no bother to reclaim it after their performance. Jit Sin had to perform with the stupid stage on the field. Many people, including me, were shauting "DRUMSTICK!!" "PICK UP THE DRUM STICK!!"
No one really realised until we stopped and decided to save our salivas. Everyone cheered for the dude who picked up the stick after Jit Sin's performance.



Jit Sin before march in.
Penyampaian Hadiah
Nan Hwa, Perak.
Shan Tao, Sabah.

Jit Sin, Pulau Pinang.


Kolej Sultan Abdul Hamid, Kedah.


Chung Hwa Wei Sin, Terengganu.

Sultan Ibrahim, Johor. Best Uniform.


St. Joseph, Sarawak.
Methodist Girl School, Pahang.

Perlis.

Victoria Institute, KL.

Chung Hwa, Kelantan.


Last but not least, CHS, Selangor.
Best Drum Major.
The performance before the prize giving ceremony was a huge waste of time. Sorry, hated it.
Results:
Gold
1st - Terengganu: SMJK Chung Hwa Wei Sin
2nd - Pahang: SMK (P) Methodist, Kuantan
3rd - KL: SMK Victoria
4th - Perak: SMJK Nan Hwa, Sitiawan
5th - Selangor: SMJK Katholik, PJ
6th - Kedah: Kolej Sultan Abdul Hamid
7th - P.Pinang: SMJK Jit Sin
8th - Sarawak: SMK St. Joseph, Kuching
Silver
Sabah: SMK Shan Tao, KK
Johor: SMK(P) Sultan Ibrahim, JB
Kelantan: SMJK Chung Hwa, KB
Perlis: SMK Perlis
Best Drum Major
Terengganu: SMJK Chung Hwa Wei Sin
Best Uniform
Johor: SMK(P) Sultan Ibrahim, JB
Best CG
KL: SMK Victoria
Comments.
I was freaking shocked when they announced the winner for Best Uniform award Like, Ew. No offence but orange, green and black just don't blend in together. And I didn't like their cape or in other words, "sayap/wings". But CG, expected. They were good despite the parts when their flags dropped. Best Drum Major, once again, expected. MGSS's drum major wad good too, but I guess CHWS's was better.
*comment in performance order*
CHS
Superb! What can I say, I'm a CHS supporter (and fan since I was in Form1). They really did brush up and did some cleaning until the very end. They could've cleaned much more but I guess it's all they could do with so little time. CG changed uniform, flag and formation. Not bad. They could do so much in a month time. Loudly, I'll say that I'm proud of them. They were absolutely fantastic that night. The most memorable performance with "The Incredibles" as their theme, new CGs, creative formation and nice music produced; not overblowned and not too soft. I was really impress with their CG especially as this is the first and only year CHS have CGs. Still a sad thing that they were first to perform. I strongly believe that if they were to perform after some other school band, they might have a chance of winning Top 3. I see a brighter future next year as this year was much brighter than last year. Keep up the improvement.
Chung Hwa
Not much to comment. Er. Love their Love shape formation during Bunga-Bunga Cinta. x)
VI
They did not impress me. Sorry, I don't really think that they deserved 3rd placing. Don't come and bash me up 'cause it's just my point of view. No other comment. I just didn't enjoy eventhough CGs were really good, as usual.
Perlis
No comments. Sorry, wasn't concentrating that time. Maybe too... soft?
MGSS
Impressive. I was shocked. Didn't expect something that good from them. I knew they were going to be in the Top5. I believe they can do it again next year!
St. Joseph
Disappointing. Warming up AFTER marching in on the field? Why can't you warm up BEFORE marching in like the other bands? What the heck were they thinking? Goodness. I expected something real good after hearing from other how good they were suppose to be. I've not really seen them in action before this. I really hope you guys do something about it and improve next year or.. I don't know whats going to happen. Hope to see something better next year.
SIGS
ROFLMAO. Cheerleader + band = good idea. Combination of Orange + Green + Black = YUCKS !! Overall, not impressive. Eventhough cheerleaders as CGs should be good but their cheerleaders weren't good. They should concentrate more on flags but they did more stunts and looked more like cheerleaders than CGs. Just my point of view. And, were they wearing BOOTS?!
CHWS
I have to admit, they're good. They have very good brass sound (16 trumpets, if I'm not mistaken?). Their formation was clean and "solid". Eventhough some parts not perfect and their formation still lack of creativity, they were still good. Just astonishing. Add some creativity and they will be a blast! All the best CHWS! Hope to see something even better next year!
KSAH
Wonder how they won Asma. As for Keat Hwa, I've not really seen their video or performance before but how did this Kolej won Asma? I don't know why I just don't like their performance and.. well, then! "The incredibles" was terrible. Others, formation a little messy and sound not good. Some parts had been overblown. Stupid drummer dropped his stick and did not reclaim it. Lucky no Jit Sin members fall.
Jit Sin
Not bad I'll say. Quite messy in formation and songs not that good but overall, not bad. There's abundant places for improvement. Brush up on marching and music and I think they can show something real good. Looking forward! Lucky no one stepped on Kolej's drumstick and fall.
Shan Tao
I expected a little better.
Nan Hwa
Expected more too but they were good enough. Better than VI, in my opinion. Sound wasn't solid and formation wasn't perfect but overall, not bad.
I guess that's all I'll comment about.
P/S: Sorry i don't have many pictures of other bands because when CHS peroformance ended, my camera battery was super low. And, sorry for the blur pictures. )=
lurves,
AliciaYSJ
Layout by Gabby. and here. Inspired by tumblr. Blogger. Blogskins